Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Henry & Isabella Gardner....

...just back from spending a fast and fun couple of days in Boston...meeting our newest grandbaby, Henry...and hanging out with his mom and dad!
Henry's morning bath
It's completely appropriate to take new parents and their 7 week-old baby to a local vineyard for wine-tasting, right?!! 'Cuz that's exactly what we did. Henry slept, so he totally missed out on the delicious wine!

On Sunday, my husband and I had the most amaaaazing day at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Much to my surprise (and delight), Isabella Gardner was good friends with John Singer Sargent! Needless to say, I was thrilled to see so many beautiful works by Sargent (both oil and watercolor) as well as works by Anders Zorn, Degas, Titian, and Rembrandt (to name a few)!!! Unfortunately, neither cameras nor cell phones were allowed in the galleries, so...no photos! (There were big burly security guards everywhere!) But here's a pic from the website....
Sargent's "Incensing the Veil" watercolor
And now I'm home...and back at work on the Ani "Language of Drawing Program" (I should have an updated pic of my "Form Box" progress tomorrow) and my drawing/pastel and oil painting classes! Here's a still life "study" (drawn from life). I've been working on it for a couple of weeks...and finally finished it yesterday! My very first pastel....

All I can say is that I have so much room for growth! And that I am loving pastels!! I started another still life today (also from life)....

And that's it for now.