Monday, July 27, 2015

Alla Prima Portrait

Well...here's my first ever attempt at an alla prima portrait. The model is one of my instructor's neighbors. He did a very nice job sitting for our class. I struggled with this...but, with David's help. this sort of looks like a human!! I am not a fan of the skin colors...but am learning so much!! Hopefully I'll be ready for my Putney, VT workshop with Michelle Dunaway in October!!

July 12, 2015 Class with David Tanner
Oh...I started taking a figure drawing & painting class with Tommy Van Auken last week. I learned a lot the first week...and have decided I want to do more figure drawing!! But, right now I have to get ready for tonight's painting class after a week's vacation!!


1 comment:

Grenouille Greetings said...

I didn't know you painted too, Pat. And that you painted beautifully! This portrait is fabulous and your fruity items further down the page are exceptional! LOVELY work! Are you still doing it? post more!!!
Hugs, Lesley