Saturday, September 28, 2013

Waichulis Long Distance Mentorship Program...

Here's my big, big news...

About 15 months ago I purchased the Ani Art Academies' Language of Drawing Program (LOD)...and have been working on it ever since. I must admit, I worked on the lessons sporadically...certainly not the way it was intended. I was anxious to sketch and paint and draw something that actually looked like something. But the more sketching I did, the more frustrated I seemed to get. I knew my values were wrong...and that transitions between values were patchy. So, after a couple of months' break from the Ani work, I pulled out my charcoals, program book, and DVDs...and set to work in earnest.

After a couple of weeks of working for several hours 3-4 days/week, I decided that I wanted/needed more support...so I contacted Anthony Waichulis (creator of the LOD program and founder of the Waichulis Atelier in Pennsylvania) and asked about possibly working with one of his instructors long distance. And...the answer was YES! I'm so thrilled I could burst! I'll be working long distance with an amazing artist named Rodney O'Dell Davis...and will have an opportunity to travel to PA to spend time with him in the Waichulis studios!!

Later...

No comments: