Just a quick update on what I've been up to this past week...
I've been working on finishing my first watercolor portrait...just a bit more to do and I can add my signature. I will admit, I'm not totally thrilled with my drawing...reinforcing (once again) the need for solid drawing skills...and the need for measuring!! And, of course, I only see the flaws! But, all in all, I think this is not terrible for a first effort!
And then I've also been playing with another watercolor "study". I decided to punch up the background a bit and am completely dissatisfied with the results. The work had started out as a very transparent piece...but then when I added the greens to the background, it began to look muddy to me. I am not at all happy with the results...so, I plan on repainting the entire piece...keeping it more transparent. Ahhhh...lessons learned!
And finally, I am continuing my work on creating seamless transitions between blacks and whites with the Language of Drawing "Gradation Patterns." I've sent it off to the master trainers for feedback. I'm so hoping I can start on the second pattern soon!!
And that's what I've been up to...oh, and I've been playing a bit with my new oil paints...and looking forward to Anthony Waichulis' Language of Painting Program which is supposed to be available early 2014!