Monday, March 23, 2015

Alla Prima Oil Class

...just back from my first alla prima oil painting class with David Tanner...and I'm so excited!! I have only played around with alla prima (all at once; a.k.a. "direct") painting...but primarily I've been learning about glazing techniques inherent in the "indirect" painting method. David reviewed materials...and then moved right into his 3-hour demo, painting a fun and colorful still life set up. Here are some pics...
Today's "still life" set up

Block in & values

David reviewing his color palette

David adding some finishing touches before time's up!
The three hour class flew by! But I learned so much...and had such fun! I'm really looking forward to next week's class when we'll jump right in and do some painting!! The goal is to finish one painting/color study from life each week!!

No comments: