A new still life...
My goals for yesterday's class were to:
- Pay extra attention to cast shadows...especially values!
- Work on "visual blending."
Here's what I learned (and what I plan on working on this week and in next week's class):
- Composition (I wanted to get both top and side planes of the table/tablecloth! I wish I had paid closer attention to vertical placement of the vases...bringing them down an inch would've helped!!)
- Better use of appropriate values to "turn the form." The forms "reads" flat...especially the little white one! I do like how the table turned out, though!!
- Accuracy of drawing! The best use of color and values means very little when the drawing is inaccurate!!
And that's it for now!! Back soon!