Monday, July 8, 2013

Days 14 - 17

I've been busy drawing anything and everything that strikes my fancy these days...but I definitely seem drawn to learning the portrait!! Here's what I've been up to...

Day 14 - "Baby" head (using Andrew Loomis reference)

Day 15 - "Mia" (using a photo reference of Mia! She's much cuter than this sketch depicts!)

Day 16 - I decided to try a piece of fruit...(from a photo). When I showed it to my sweet husband, he said "That's really good...what is it? A peach?" Nope...it's a tangerine! arrggh!! OK...so I'm not really happy with my shading. I may have to try using some softer pencils in addition to my HB pencil!)

Day 17 - This one's from life. It's a clay pitcher we have sitting on our mantel. Unfortunately, I had too many diffuse light sources...but aside from that, I sort of like how it turned out.

And that's it for me...until my next post, that is. I may be sketching some noses tonight...noses baffle me!!

No comments: