Friday, July 12, 2013

Days 18 - 22..."Sketchbook Challenge"

Today is Friday...one of my very favorite days of the week because I get to spend a few hours learning and making art with my friend and amazing art teacher & mentor, Elizabeth Salim!! I love my art lessons!!

OK...so I purchased a bust named "Amy" a couple of weeks ago so I could practice drawing faces/heads. And, like most busts, this one has eyes that are a wee bit freaky!! Anyway...today I drew the bust!! But...before I get to that, let me get caught up on the past few "sketchbook" days...

Day 18 - from a photo of granddaughter Sophie...
 
Day 19 - from a photo of a pansy ("Draw my Photo" website)...but it turned out looking more like an hibiscus...go figure!

Day 20 - also from online photo site...

Day 21 - one more from the photo website...I love sketching/drawing babies and children! Love, love, LOVE it!

Day 22 - and finally...the "bust"...see? Creepy, lifeless eyes! But such a great experience. I used Pan Pastels and Conte pencils. I can't wait to draw "Amy" from other angles!

So...that should catch me up...for now. I'll be back soon with more sketches/drawings....


No comments: