Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer Sketch Challenge: Days 10-13...

Sketching daily is becoming more and more enjoyable for me! I'm discovering a lot...like noses are hard! As evidenced by one of my sketches of a woman whose pic is on the front of a drawing book...her nose looks a bit like Michael Jackson's nose, the later years! And despite spending a crazy amount of time re-working it, this lady still looks kind of wonky!! Here's my Day 10 sketch...see for yourself...wonky!! Or maybe she's just not all that attractive? More likely, my interpretation of her nose is wonky!


So, on Day 11, I decided to pull out my trusty book of Bargue Plates...and I just worked on noses!!


Growing weary of noses...and in search for something to draw for my watercolor class as well as for my for my Day 12 sketch, I thought I'd try my hand at some flowers!! Tulips, to be exact... (from an art website)


And Day 13 is another sketch that will find its way to my watercolor class..."Cherries"... (also from an art website)


So...that's what I've been up to, besides just living "la vida loca"!! Be back in a couple of days with more sketches!


No comments: