Monday, August 5, 2013

Days 40 - 45 of Summer Sketchbook Challenge

Still sketching away...and learning the value of measuring over and over and over again!! I've been drawing some from my Bargue Plates...and just had to throw in a couple of faces!

Days 40 & 41...Feet, feet...

Day 42...And more feet!

Day 43...The beginnings of "Garrett"...I'll post another pic of him as it develops...

Day 44...Sketch of a photo in Mary Whyte's "figure drawing" book. This painting of hers is titled "Red Umbrella". This girl's eyes look huge...but I measured...I really did! Hmmmm!

Day 45...Our youngest granddaughter, Isla Bleu. This was sketched from a photo I have of her. I can't tell you how many times I measured the space between her eyes. It looked so wide...but, measure I did! I measured the size of each eye (width and length)...as well as the space between them. And...it's accurate. Unfortunately, I was so focused on the eyes that I forgot to measure the length of the nose...until I was almost done!! So...not surprisingly, her nose was about 1/4 inch too long! arrggh! I had to erase the lower part of her face and completely re-do her nose and mouth. The measurements are correct now. And I think she's a cutie!!

And that's it for now. See you soon.


No comments: