Sunday, August 11, 2013

Days 49, 50, & 51 - Summer Sketchbook Challenge

Back again with a few new sketches...

Day 49... I completed my sketch of my head model "Amy"... (I'm so glad I have her...she's fun to draw...and she rarely blinks!!)

Day 50...I should be practicing sketching shapes that are "noses"...but decided to sketch something from www.PaintMyPhoto.Com instead.

Day 51...So, I decided I work on sketching shapes that are noses...and found a darling photo of our handsome grandson, Brody. So I started with shapes that are his eyes and nose...and just kept going! Unfortunately, since I had initially intended on practicing sketching the shapes that make up Brody's nose and eyes, I didn't leave any room for the top of his head! But I finished it anyway! I plan to re-draw this on nicer paper...preferable centered on the page so I can include the top of his head!

Oh...and I should just mention here...in case you missed it...those shapes that make up the things we commonly refer to as "noses"...still baffle me. It looks like I have more practicing to do!

So...that's what I've been up to. I'll be back soon...plus I should have a watercolor to post (or at least part of one!) later this week!

No comments: